There was one chair that turned into a bed in the hospital room. Meg stayed and I went to my Uncle Pat and Aunt Linda's who live in nearby Bountiful, Utah after Wynn and Meg were asleep for a few hours of shut-eye. The hospitality at the Williams hotel has not changed. I received a hearty meal, good conversation, and I even fired Pat's Civil War .54 caliber Springfield rifle. No bullets of course, just the percussion cap that when utilized, emits sparks a la a very large cap gun. Thanks again Pat and Linda.
I awoke early and made it back to the hospital to see Wynn standing up in his crib making a good attempt at escape. What?! I couldn't believe it. Seeing that made me feel good about Wynn's recovery, for sure.


Wynn was getting antsy to get out of his crib. After getting his vitals checked, and eating some breakfast, were were cleared to freely wander the hospital with him. Wynn immediately took a liking to the life-sized Spider-Man statue.



Wynn liked the Steve Young display as well.... I have had few prouder moments as a father. ;)

After a good nap...

...and a hearty meal of ravioli, mashed potatoes, and green beans...
...we were on our way out of the hospital less than 24 hours before the end of Wynn's surgery. Wynn loved riding in the wagon. Below, he says goodbye to Spiderman.

He thinks the fish are pretty entertaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment