I mean, really eat. I'll be the first to push fruits, veggies, whole grains, low-fat dairy, and healthy fat choices, but some days aren't like the food guide pyramid.
I often will ask a patient for what we call a 24 hour recall, just to get an idea of what they may eat on any given day. Here is my 24 hour recall from yesterday.
1 cup Instant Breakfast +
1 cup Frosted mini-wheats +
1 oz roll with chicken salad inside +
1 cup lemonade +
1.5 cups yummy Caesar Salad variation creations (fruit, nuts, dressing, Mmmm) +
1/2 cup raw veggies (carrots, broccoli, zucchini) +
3 Tbsp ranch dip +
1/2 cup angel food cake, berry, and whip cream delightful mixture +
1 cup cake +
7-10 mini chocolate covered eclairs ---soooooo yummy. +
3 melt away mints +
1/2 small order of McDonald's french fries (I blame Brian) +
1/2 Chocolate, Oreo, and Carmel covered apple +
1/2 elephant ear (cinnamon and sugar and butter over deep fried goodness) +
1/2 bowl of teryaki chicken +
3/4 bag of cotton candy +
and Water
= Stomach ache about 10:00
+ 4 tums = very satisfied night's sleep
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's the problem? It sounds pretty well-rounded to me, particularly because I adhere to the four major food groups of the elves: Candy, candy canes, candy corns, and syrup.
ReplyDeleteDid you know my love for sugar caused me to push my mom to change my name to "Candy"? Amused, however she did not give in (thankfully) and I can now look my patients in the eye.
ReplyDelete