For as long as I can remember, the 4th of July has meant a big bash at the Thompson farm, which farm is now our home. The bash has always involved at some level homemade chocolate chip mint ice cream, a variety of salads, basketball, and a firework show that rivals most city firework displays. This year was no exception and a few new traditions have evolved. For the second year in a row, Williams'/Richardson family members, friends, and in-laws have converged on Gayle Forsythe ball park in Jerome for a game of softball. A post game movie, projected onto the barn door, was a big hit this year as well. Here are a few pics from the recently past 4th weekend. Enjoy.

Photographic evidence that I can still swing a bat and hit a ball without falling down or hurting myself.

See...I hit a double. Megan is laughing because I am so hilarious. My father, who pitched a fine game for his squad, was not as amused by my hitting prowess.

The entire softball crew.

Little brother, Kevin received his Eagle Scout award prior to the 4th festivities. Nice work big guy. Our nephew Tyson (below), was impressed after I told him of the firework display we would be having later...

Basketball in front of the barn. It will take partial or full paralysis to keep us from getting in a few b-ball games each year on the 4th.


A few more random shots:



Our recently born niece, Kylee Ann, enjoyed the festivities from the womb of her mother, Lindsay.
A barrage of roman candle firepower always makes for good film and good fun, so long as said candles are pointed in the air and not at you.


A snippet of the grand finale...my memory stick filled up in the middle of the barrage, which got better as it went on.
Brian, I have to correct you in reference to Kylee Ann. The word is conceived, not born or parturition which would require the fetus to leave said womb or in the medical world "uterus". I have also learned that in the south that the term fireballs in the Eucharist means uterine leiomyomata or fibroids.
ReplyDeleteDoc,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tips. ;)
I hope I never have to explain to you or any other doctor, that I am suffering from uterine leiomyomata, otherwise known as "fireballs". I like my chances as I assume that condition is specific to women only? Fireballs would definitely be bad...
I am envisioning a class action lawsuit against Uncle Sam for tricking me on every official form that I have filled out. All of those forms ask me for my Date of Birth, not my Date of Conception. The horror! I blame Bush...are we still allowed to blame him for stuff?
That looks like such a FUN tradition. Mike and I even commented, on the 4th of July this year, that we would rather be in Idaho than in Mobile. (Although we had a great time with friends that evening). Anyhow, we hope to be included in future holiday festivities at the farm.
ReplyDelete