Sunday, July 12, 2009

Moose are more fierce than Buffalo

This year was a wonderful birthday. Despite wishes otherwise, Libbie and Erin put together a wonderful birthday surprise with a dutch oven cake. Brian picked a bouquet of wild flowers for me, then presented me with what he said would be my favorite present.


"Did somebody say cake?"


While is West Yellowstone picking up a bell pepper and mushrooms, Brian and Mark decided to stop for a picture shoot. I received this picture framed. I learned that Brian had a choice of animals and picked the moose over the buffalo, which surprised me knowing how much Brian likes buffalo. He seriously replied, "the moose looked more fierce than the buffalo." I didn't see the buffalo, but the comment made me laugh.

3 comments:

  1. The photo made Megan laugh...mission accomplished. I told her, the photo was the gift that keeps on giving. If I can make Meg laugh by purposefully making a fool of myself, I am OK with that.

    The photo shoot was hilarious. I had just finished telling Mark Coppin, who accompanied me to West Yellowstone to pick up some groceries, that I was under strict orders to not purchase Megan anything for her birthday (we will be attending a sweet concert later this fall). Despite that, I thought that some quirky item in West Yellowstone would not be met with frustration for not following orders. No sooner than I could finish telling Mark of my desire to find something small and quirky, did we walk past this establishment containing a stuffed moose, bear, rodeo bull, and buffalo. As I quickly surmised that I had found the weird I was looking for, two elderly folk who ran the place quickly sold us on doing a photo.

    What I thought would be a quick photo, turned out to be an actual photo shoot with the elderly photographer telling a story to inspire our reactions. In a nutshell, the story involved my trusty moose--named Morris--coming across a bear and getting spooked before we could shoot the bear, with everything turning out Ok in the end. It was pretty intense. ;) I'm just glad she didn't ask "Give me sassy!" or anything like that...it would have only increased and increasingly awkward situation.

    That's the story. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Maybe you can herd moose on the farm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that it's on the blog I can steal the shot, enlarge it, and sell it on the street of San Francisco entitled "Western art." If only you'd done the sassy look then I could entitle it "Sassy Western Art," a much better sell.

    ReplyDelete