Sunday, June 30, 2013

Warren Peak...is located in Montana

After a stellar run and a stellar breakfast, we packed up to do some hiking.  Most of the group went in Oram's truck, while a few traveled on the 4-wheeler.  We started in the truck, but the kids on the 4 wheeler were getting too cold, which gave Wynn his golden opportunity to ride with me on the 4 wheeler.  It was a little chilly, but the kid loved it...so much so that he would not easily relinquish his seat on it the remainder of the afternoon.  Fortunately, the other kids did not like getting cold on it so Wynn mostly got his wish.  I couldn't drive the 4 wheeler all day...I had to share, which meant that the HippyUte took the front, Wynn in the middle, and I in the back.  I can't imagine Wynn could have enjoyed the ride like this...indeed, he did not express his enthusiasm for the 4 wheeler after that last ride in the middle.
 After traversing over some still snow-packed roads, we made it to a clearing where we could gaze upon majestic Warren Peak.


Warren Peak is the mountain over Meg's left shoulder.

There must have been an Air Force base or something nearby...a number of jets were flying off in the distance.  That's what I was pointing at.  Sitting with Wynn on that log looking at the beauties in front of us under a deep blue sky is something I will cherish for a long time.  Thanks for taking the pic, Meg.





1 comment: