Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Many hands make light work...but a tractor makes it even lighter.

Brian and I had 24 yards of gravel delivered to our house to spread between the boxes...with a wheel barrel and shovel. For those of you who don't understand yards of gravel, about 2 yards would fit flat in the back of our truck.

After a week of barely making it through 12 yards (and almost an entire tube of Bengay) and looking down the barrel of needing to fill every box with dirt, compost, and mulch, I was beginning to think that we would never had a garden. Arrives Dad who realizes that a tractor (thanks to some friendly neighbors) would improve our chances of having a garden. 24 hours later all the boxes were full and the gravel was mostly spread. I wanted to cry tears of joy.


l

No comments:

Post a Comment