1. When atop a three story building, always tie a mountain climbing rope around your waste. This rope may come in handy if a poorly secured ladder falls out from underneath you. Which leads to me number 2...
2. Falling with a rope on does not hurt...but the sharp jerk at the end can be painful.
3. Lifting steel does a body good. I have lifted approximately 104 pieces of 18 ft by 18 inch steel and have grown muscles I never knew existed, but that forest green roof sure looks pretty good.
4. Crop dusters are insane!! Watch the attached video. These guys risk life and limb to secure the food we eat. This guy narrowly missed the top of the barn and just skims over the electrical poles.
5. 1 cute kitten + 1 large sweet cat = disaster. Keeping our word to take one of my in-law kitten has brought new excitement to our lives. Kinda like having a baby--but entirely different. Te'o has not taken to the new kittie, Collie. The new kittie has cried for the past 48 hour the majority of the time. Every time Te'o greets Collie, it is generally with a hiss and growl--two sounds I have never heard from Te'o previously. We are trusting a good ole' google search that things will get better soon.
6. Performance appraisal is not the management tool most companies claim it is, but rather, outdated dross. I know, boring. This was the subject of my recent presentation at Utah State University. One more to go--Thesis Defense and December graduation or bust!
Life is good on the farm. I don't know how to compare all the beautiful sunsets.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment