The only thing I would have changed was my seating assignment on the flight back to the mainland...the dude behind me had a sinus problem and would literally snort snot back up his nasal passages every 15 seconds.
Lesson learned: It is not advisable to attempt to boogie board on large waves when you do not know what you are doing...especially when the waves you are trying to ride are crashing on the shore of Sandy beach, known to the locals as "Breack-Neck" beach.
Have a great week in the cold and snow everyone...
Megan and I at the Polynesian Cultural Center luau...I learned I really, really like Kalua Pork. I also learned that Poi must be an acquired taste. Not a fan.
Megan and I on the dock near the home where we were staying the first morning in Hawaii. After this photo, I joined my brother Matt for a run to Diamond Head peak. We ran to the top of said peak our last morning in Hawaii. I can't explain how beautiful it is there...everything exceeded my high expectations. Sorry if you hate me for letting you know that. ;)
Sunset view from the balcony of the home we stayed at.
My eldest brother Matt and his twin sons, Jake and Zach, playing football on Kailua beach on Oahu.
My father explaining some history to my nephews at Pearl Harbor. Off his left shoulder, you can see the USS Arizona memorial, which sits atop the sunken ship, memorializing its crew who remain entombed. Dad was pointing to where the Japanese fighters approached from in their deadly attack. Pearl Harbor has a similar feeling to the feelings I experienced at Gettysburg and Normandy. My already deep respect and love for the generation of Americans that lived and fought during WWII runs deeper still.
Waimea Bay on the North Shore.
Nephews Zach and Jake.
Hiking at Manoa Falls
Large waves at Waimea Bay. The surfers were out in force that day.
Great. Thanks for the pictures.
ReplyDeleteFun pictures! Aside from the Obamas ruining your agenda, it sounds (and looks) like you had a great time!
ReplyDelete