Sunday, December 13, 2009

Patience is a virtue

--To be sung to the tune of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas."

It's beginning to look a lot like a real house
Everywhere you go.
Light switches and wires galore, a garage and 2 front doors,
To keep the wind outside when it blows.

It's beginning to look a lot like a real house,
So much left to do.
But the prettiest sight will be, a kitchen just for me,
I need a giant work crew!

Interior doors, carpet, and finished wood floors
Is the wish of dearest Brian.
A gas stove that works and finding no more quirks
Is the hop of inpatient Megan.
And mom and dad can hardly wait for normal lives again!

It's beginning to look a lot like a real house
Everywhere you go.
There a closed in patio, a new roof and gutters so
We don't have to worry 'bout the snow!

It's beginning to look a lot like a real house
So let's hope we finish fast.
But if Hell freezes over first, tears will start to burst.
Soon it will be the past.


Here are some recent pictures--we haven't been very good in the picture department. I have visions of fabulous "befores" and "afters". In all reality, I'm working on enjoying this time as I'm sure I'll miss it--or parts of it at least.



3 comments:

  1. Great song, Meg! I was so hoping you could put up a Christmas tree this year. The work just doesn't seem to end. Your back entry floor looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! I'm so excited for you guys! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you mean "impatient" because "inpatient" conjures up a different image to me?

    ReplyDelete